KILOO FX ARTIST
Do you have a passion for creating stunning effects that stand out from the norm? Is cinematic creation in your blood? Are you looking for a world-class opportunity to show your talent? Then you might be what we are looking for!
Kiloo is one of the leading mobile and tablet game companies in the world, founded in 2000. We are constantly pushing the boundaries for technical solutions to create fun and successful mobile games and cinematics.
We have always strived to hire the most talented and creative persons in the business, to put us ahead of the competition. Kiloo consists of over 120 dedicated people with many different backgrounds, nationalities and cultures. Our headquarters is placed in Aarhus, Denmark, and we have offices in Copenhagen and Budapest as well.
Our visual arts studio in Budapest – located in the city center – is currently looking for a FX Artist to join the cinematics team.
As our FX artist you will refer directly to our Lead Artist in Budapest. You will be part of our cinematic and high-end art asset studio, where your talent will be put to good use by creating stunning effects for marketing trailer work and launch cinematics.
Therefore, you will be heavily involved in creating special effects in a number of styles, natural and supernatural, and should be able to excel in using your eye for detail, when styling unique FX experiences. You will contribute to the characters, the location and/or the atmosphere in the cinematic productions, so a varied portfolio showing off your grasp of multiple genres and themes is a necessity. You will also be responsible for problem solving and predicting potential problems with assigned FX tasks.
Finally, you will have close cooperation with our Producer and Lead Artist, and the other artists in the team in pushing the aesthetics boundaries of the cinematic projects.
- You have 2+ years of FX experience from post-production in films
- You have a solid understanding of particle motion and scale
- You have an eye for composition, cinematic design and animation timing
- You are an experienced user of Houdini, Maya or equivalent software
- Expert Adobe Photoshop and excellent texture creation skills
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken
It is a bonus if:
- You have experience with Nuke
- You have experience from live action CG
- You have some experience with game cinematics and game FX
- You are familiar with a scripting language/programming language
Your personal competences include:
- You are passionate about films, games and visual effects
- You thrive in a dynamic environment where quality is king
- You enjoy working in teams, but you can also work independently
- You keep yourself updated on the newest trends and are eager to continue learning
- You understand the importance of deadlines and work in a structured manner to meet these
- You are positive by nature and enjoy finding the best solutions to challenges
What do we offer?
- An independent area of responsibility with an opportunity to set your mark on the product
- An international and unique organizational culture with experienced and passionate colleagues
- Benefits include: competitive salary, overtime policy, fully paid sick leave, contribution to lunch, fruit, massage, and social events such as Friday breakfast and bar
Where do we go from here?
Now that you are interested in this position, hurry up and submit your CV and application letter, in English, together with your reel, through the link below. Alternatively, you can send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose to send an e-mail, be sure to include “FX Artist” in the subject line of your email, and include a note saying where you found this job advertisement.
Looking forward to hearing from you!